Thursday, November 20, 2014

Salamat Kaayo!

Dear family,

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes.  Sorry if my responses were shorter.  Just know there is a lot of you, but I love you all so much.

So, so far my birthday has been really great.  I woke up this morning at 530 because there was this crazy thunderstorm that literally shoke our house.  There was thunder literally every 30 seconds and the light outside was really creepy, like twilight zone light.  There was shoots of "the second coming is here" and "china has finally done".  But now the weather is normal, so you know we are all fine.  Lets see after that my companion decorated my desk, I decided I hated hair fall so I got a really quick hair cut from my companion, ninyo (the one that got married) made us breakfast, they gay man we take some of our laba to gave us flower pens he made, and now all of you email me.  Thanks to all of you for making my birthday so great!

Sooo, work this week.  Well I thought I would tell you about one of our investigators named malou.  First off in Filippino culture they really like mixing languages, I didn't really understand it when I got here, but then you grandually adopt things from the culture you live in, and now I love it, I have a really hard time speaking straight english.  Anyways she is native chibracano.  So during the course of the lesson she literally mixes 4 languages chibracano, tagalog, bisaya, and english.  Every other sentence is a different langues.  It keep us on our seat.  You never know whether you are going to understand a sentence.  She is really nice and really love missionary and asked us to sleep at her house like 20 time, and we had to tell her like twenty times it wasn't allowed.

We also have this really crazy less active old man that we teach that literally text us 5 times a day the craziest message.  It keeps us laughing through out the day.

Other then that we went on splits this week, and I went with sister T which was fun.  And sorry I have to cut this email short.  But I love you all so much and hope live is great for all of you.  Know I love you and am praying for you.

Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment