Friday, January 23, 2015

Life of a missionary

Dear Family,

I hope you all had an excellent past few days.  Mine have been good.  I got my new companion, Sister Lange.  She is really smart and super good at bisaya.  She is from california and went to BYU before her mission and is planning to major in education.  So mostly these past few days have been filled with getting to know hern adjusting to different teaching styles, teaching her the area, teaching her how to be and STL, introducing her to people and all those fun things.  Which sometimes can be exhausting but she is smart so it all went very smoothly which was great.

Also the past few days have been kind of interesting because the pope came here (so there where like catholic parades in the street and I can't even tell you how many times the pope got brought up in conversations), there was sinulog so everyone went to cebu city (not the island) to either worship or, it they weren't catholic, to sell things there.  I don't actually know what sinulog is, but I saw a lot of picture of it before my mission and it seemed kind of cool.  Then we had a storm, so they streets were a lot more empty the normals.  We did a lot more wandering, and our umbrellas might have broken because of the wind, but you know its all in the life of a missionary.

But other then that life has been good.  Tecy on of our less active who was a seminary and institute teach came to church this sunday which was great.  When she saw me she said "I am here now" and then laughed.

Life is good, I am happy, and this church really is true.  I love you all so much, thank you all for your wonderful examples to me.  I hope you are all doing amazing!

Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment