Friday, January 31, 2014

It's Official. . .

Guess what family?  I got my flight plans!!!!  I am officially going to the Philippines, crazy right?  Except as of right now we have a twelve hour lay-over in Los Angeles so the travel office said we probably will get new flight plans, but I am still excited anyway.  I will leave here on February 10 and get to the Philippines on February 12 (I am time traveling wahoo!).  I also have a direct flight to Manila which I am grateful for, so only 3 flights for this missionary.  And I am flying with all the missionaries going to my mission which will be nice.

Want to here something cool?  This week Janice Kapp Perry came and talked to us during relief society.  (They have all the sister missionaries gather in the same building for it.)  I had no idea she wrote every single one of my favorite primary songs ever.  She also wrote a new rendition of "As sisters in zion."  specifically for sister missionaries which is a really cool song.  Anyways we sang all of those songs for her and the spirit was soooo strong.  Most girls there were in tears by the end.  It really taught me the power of song to invite the spirit, I will definitely try to use that while I am in the field.

Yesterday we also had an english fast (or as my district calls it a Cebuano Feast).  I was really nervous for it, but it was actually a lot easier then I expect.  With creativity, I could communicate everything I really wanted to.  It made me feel a lot better about going to the Philippines in a week.  Also my crazy news, so Nate lied, it is not any easier for me to sleep while I am here.  Actually it is hard, most nights I don't remember falling asleep or waking up which is really weird but I know I have slept because there is no way 8 hours have past.  But it is totally fine because I am never tired.  ANYWAYS sorry about that tangent, but I was awake at 3 last night and I realized that I was thinking in Cebuano.  How cool is that! It just came.  I mean there is always the possibility that I was delirious, but I don't think so.  I have been trying to translate my thoughts into cebuano lately so it was really cool to experience that.

The church is true. I know it, I live it, and I love it.  And I hope you love it too!

Sister Hancock

No comments:

Post a Comment