Monday, September 1, 2014

Wet Market

Dear family,

Sorry if this email is kind of shorter, you all emailed me this week which is fantastic, but doesn't leave me as much time to write a big email.  But I request you guys have a family reunion every weekend so that you will miss me more so that I will end up getting more emails, its fantastic.

Anyways so at the begining of this week we went to tagbilaran for a mission conference.  (Tagbi is really far away so we didn't get to work for two days due to travel, it was very exhausting.)  It was really great though, I learned a ton and we also got to celebrate the missions 1 year birthday (wahoo we have been a mission for one year!)  and we also celebrated our mission presidents birthday.  So celebrating all around wahoo!

Also this week Lita and Casandra came to church.  Lita is an referral from a bishop in cebu.  She is really really awesome.  She hasn't been able to come to church because her grandson has been in the hospital, but this Sunday she came.  She is the nicest lady ever and always wants to feed us haha and she really wanted to come back

Casandra is the american who came here to marry a filipino but wasn't able to so now is kind of stranded, anyways she is a member but hadn't been to church for 4 month, but she missed it so much that she decided to walk and hour to get to the pinero's house so that they could give her a ride.  (she doesn't have plete or money for transportation).  That is a serious problem here that everyone lives to far a way so they can't go to church because its too expensive, but I guess we have discovered the solution, convert someone who lives close to them and has a tricicad so they can get a ride. Haha but it really but into perspective just how blessed we are to have church so close.  Seeing people sacrifice so much to come to church and partake of the sacrament really inspires me.

I hope we realized just how blessed.  Thank you all so much for your support for me, I couldn't do it with out you.  I love you all so much and pray for you everyday.  Next year I will just have to beat you all at golf

Love you tons, take care ha?

Sister Hancock

P.S. Here we have to buy everything from a wet market, and there is pig heads laying everywhere, its really gross




No comments:

Post a Comment